Cinnamon Roll - Quick

NOTE 1: Cakes, Cookies, Candy have their own separate categories.
NOTE 2: Not all the pies are sweet. Some are vegetable or meat pies, but we list them here to categorize them.
Chowhound
Admin

Cinnamon Roll - Quick

Post by Chowhound »

The-Most-Amazing-Quick-Cinnamon-Rolls-ever.jpg
1 cup hot water (not boiling)
¾ cup buttermilk, room temperature
½ cup sugar
¼ cup melted butter
3 Tablespoons active dry yeast
½ Tablespoon salt
2 eggs
5-6 cups all-purpose flour (or bread flour)
Filling:
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
⅔ cup brown sugar
⅔ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Mix together warm water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and yeast in a medium mixing bowl (allowing room in the bowl for yeast to expand). Let sit for 15 minutes. Add flour, salt, and eggs to a large mixing bowl; stir. Pour yeast mixture on top of flour mixture. Mix for 10 minutes and then let the dough sit for about 15-20 minutes (while you clean up your kitchen and prepare the filling). In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, both sugars and cinnamon; set aside. On a well-floured service, roll dough into a large rectangle. Spread filling over the entire surface and roll dough up (roll from the long side, like a hot dog). Slice the cinnamon "log" into 18 rolls and place the rolls carefully onto a lightly greased baking dish (I used an aluminum baking ban for my first dozen and added the last 6 rolls to my favorite cast iron skillet). Cover rolls with plastic wrap and let sit for another 15-20 minutes. Remove plastic wraps and bake at 375° F for 15-20 minutes. While your rolls are baking, make frosting (see recipe options below) and spread on warm cinnamon rolls.
Peace At The Dinner Table - Good Food Has No Borders!