Chili - Fireball™ Crockpot Chili (Contains Alcohol)

Nothing but chili recipes.
Chowhound
Admin

Chili - Fireball™ Crockpot Chili (Contains Alcohol)

Post by Chowhound »

shutterstock_1220587435.png
1 can (16oz) Bushes Pinto Beans (drain the liquid)
1 cup of Sweet Corn
2/3 cup of Fireball Whiskey
1/4 White Onion
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 clove of Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 jar (14-16oz) Medium Chunky Salsa (This might be cheating but it makes some good chili.)
Cayenne powder (Seasoned to taste)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Any Veggies you got laying around? Might as well add them. Mushrooms are a great addition as well.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley

In a large pan on the stove brown the ground beef in 1/2 cup of Fireball Whiskey. Season with garlic salt while browning the beef as well. Once meat is browned add it and the contents of the pan to the crockpot. If you want to be fancy you can deglaze the pan. Add the beans, onion, corn, and salsa. Drain the beans that are not in chili sauce before adding. Season at several steps through the process; you could add half the spices now and half later. A shot of Fireball at this stage. Set a timer for 2 Hours and set your Crockpot to Medium or High. Mine only has low or high so I had it on high and after 2 hours the edges got a little burned so I would recommend medium or stirring more often. After 2 Hours come back and add more of the spices and another shot of Fireball. Another 2 Hours later, added another shot of Fireball and seasoned to taste. And 2 Hours later it is ready. If you did Medium heat then around 6 hours total is the correct time. High heat will be closer to 4 hours total but you will need to stir and season more often.
Peace At The Dinner Table - Good Food Has No Borders!