Dip - Allison's Artichoke Dip

NOTE: We permit posting of hot sauce recipes from various sources because they are part of cooking, but it must be warned that some of these hot sauces are very wicked and should be made with gloves and be treated with extreme caution. You are on your own!
RivertonWY
Kitchen Helper
Kitchen Helper

Dip - Allison's Artichoke Dip

Post by RivertonWY »

Artichoke-Dip-1.jpg
Diane Schulz, Garden Valley, ID (RHS '61)

2 jars artichoke hearts
juice of 2 medium lemons
2-3 cloves garlic; minced
6 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Blend the artichokes and liquid in a blender along with the lemon juice, minced garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Put in casserole and bake at 350 degrees F until bubbly. Serve with chunks of French bread. Wow! Going through the recipe box makes me realize how many wonderful friends I've had. This recipe was Alison's, a dear friend who died at 35 of cancer. She was sort of a 'Holly Golightly' type - a free spirit who loved life and traveled the world making friends. She didn't bother with mundane things like cooking as she believed that making reservations was easier than making dinner, but she gave everyone this - her one and only recipe - as proof that she could, if absolutely necessary, cook. The last time we were together she brought two bottles of champagne and we sat in the middle of the living room floor talking until dawn about her adventures in Australia and Hawaii. I miss her.